Celebrate your Christmas holidays in South Limburg
Nowhere in the Netherlands do they know better how to create a wonderful Christmas atmosphere than in South Limburg. The unique landscape, the thousands of lights and beautiful Christmas cribs, a walk through the winter landscape, in short, our hill country exudes the Christmas spirit.
⭐ Up to 20% discount on the period Friday 22 December to Wednesday 27 December 2023
Celebrate Christmas and/or New Year's Eve in Mechelen
For Christmas and New Year's Eve, we would like to welcome you in our cosy holiday homes. After a day of Christmas shopping or a lovely winter walk, it is very nice to come home to your beautiful holiday home. The stylish interior, luxurious kitchen and comfortable box-spring beds will make your holiday extra relaxing.
Book your Christmas holiday 2023/2024
During the Christmas holidays, you can choose different periods of stay, among others. For the time being, we do not yet have flexible arrival and departure days during the Christmas holidays. Please enquire about the possibilities.
- A long weekend around Christmas (5 nights) from Friday 22 December 2023 to Wednesday 27 December 2023 book here with discount
- A week around Christmas (7 nights) from Friday 22 December 2023 to Friday 29 December 2023 book here
- A short midweek (2 nights) between Christmas and New Year's Eve from Wednesday 27 December 2023 to Friday 29 December 2023 book here
- A short midweek (3 nights) after New Year's Eve from Tuesday 2 January 2024 to Friday 5 January 2024 book here
When is the Christmas break in the Netherlands?
The Christmas holidays in the Netherlands are from Saturday 23 December 2023 to Sunday 7 January 2024.
This is why you should celebrate Christmas in South Limburg!
- Visit South Limburg's Christmas town, Valkenburg. Nowhere in the Netherlands do they know how to create a wonderful Christmas atmosphere better than in South Limburg. Discover the unique landscape combined with Christmas markets and stalls. Did you know that this popular Christmas spectacle in Valkenburg starts as early as 17 November 2023?
- Of course, our capital city, Maastricht, is also worth a visit during the Christmas period. The beautiful Christmas window displays and beautifully decorated streets make Christmas shopping extra atmospheric.
- Near the Mechelerhof, you will find the South Limburg Steam Railway Company, also known as the Million Line. From 9 December 2023 to 7 January 2024, the special Christmas express will travel through the winter landscape of South Limburg.
- Follow one of the crib walks through the cosy villages with plenty of pretty cribs (nativity scenes) and chapels. These are the most beautiful crib walks in South Limburg.
- Super fun are the routes d'Amuse through Christmas town Valkenburg. Choose one of the four routes and enjoy a delicious Amuse along the way at various restaurants.
Surely the most popular Christmas market in South Limburg is the one in Valkenburg. A unique experience with two underground Christmas markets in the caves. The town is immersed in cosy Christmas atmospheres with thousands of lights and decorations throughout Valkenburg. It could hardly get more nostalgic. From Friday 17 November 2023 to Sunday 7 January 2024, the Geul town will be transformed.
Throughout December, you can stroll past the cutest stalls, buy Christmas presents, ice skate and drink delicious mulled wine on the Vrijthof. Christmas Market Maastricht is from Thursday 30 November to Sunday 31 December 2023.
Just across the border in Aachen, you can enjoy the charm of festive Christmas stalls around the cathedral and town hall from 24 November. The Christmas market in Aachen is from Friday 24 November 2023 to Saturday 23 December 2023.
The Christmas market in Liège is the oldest Christmas market in Belgium, about a 50-minute drive from the park. Be surprised by the Christmas atmosphere with many restaurants, an ice rink, a Ferris wheel and spectacles. From Friday 24 November 2023 to Saturday 30 December 2023. The skating rink will be there until Sunday 7 January 2024.
This Limburg town is transformed into a big & cosy winter village, and that's about half an hour from the park. Including skating rink, ice slide, curling rink and cosy winter cafés. WinterTijd Heerlen is from Thursday 14 December 2023 to Sunday 7 January 2024.